Monday, May 15, 2017

I Want Your Eyes to be My Mirror



I was listening to Jonathan David Helser and Graham Cooke in the recording entitled “The Inheritance”.
One of the phrases Jonathan sings is, “I want Your eyes to be my mirror”. I thought, “If Your eyes are my mirror, I would see me as You see me, and know that I am loved.” I was going to say “worthy of love” but that was too hard to write.
Why is that?
Is anyone worthy to be loved? We are taught not! We are even taught that grace is unmerited favor. One of the definitions of unmerited is: unworthy; Lacking in value or merit.
But, as I am thinking about it, I have to say we ARE worthy of love, simply because He decided we are. Who else could determine worth, but the One who created a personality and an individual out of love and fashioned of love? Love is a substance formed into me!
You took a part of Your heart and did not diminish in the taking. You…God…You…Jesus…are like the bread broken in the hand of the disciples to feed the crowd. In the giving…in the disbursing…the bread multiplied! There was no lack, no deficit. In the breaking and giving, there was multiplication; expansion of the original.
So, this piece of Your heart, which is ME, is worthy of love. You are 100% ALL IN in loving me. You created me to love. That was ALWAYS your intention. I AM Your heart on earth as You are in heaven.
Your eyes tell me who I am…
You love me all the way—all the time. I am the beloved. Outrageously! Radically loved! Simply because You don’t know how to BE anything else! You are love. The I AM LOVE! If You are love, You cannot BE or DO otherwise! It is Your IDENTITY! And mine is LOVED! That is who I am. That is My IDENTITY! That is my NAME!
And…apparently I can only love You as much as I love myself, so THAT is a weird thought.
Set me free from how I see myself and the smallness of my own perceptions. Mostly, uncertainty…THAT is a form of fear and fear has no place in love.
Malcom Smith wrote:
The Incarnation means He came inside our humanity and He sat inside our mental darkness; inside our fears. He looked out through my eyes and said, “I see what you see, but now let me tell you the truth,” and He tells you from the INSIDE, that the Father loves you.
You see, Jesus came down and got inside of us, and He got right down into “death” that was ours. Then He walked us out in resurrection and ascension and He carried us home to the Father where we belong.

1 comment: